You like challenges and you are passionate about aviation?
You want to be part of the world’s largest spraying program?
SOPFIM is looking for candidates to hold the position of Dayworker at its various operating bases located at airports. We are looking for candidates who are in good physical condition, and able to work split hours on a seasonal basis. We also offer the possibility of renewing your contract year after year.
Who Are We?
Created in 1990, SOPFIM is a private, non-profit organization jointly administered by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles et des Forêts and the Quebec forest industry. It is the only organization recognized in the biological control of forest pests in Quebec.
- A team of passionate and motivated people that can go up to 300 persons during the spraying periods
- Outdoor work on an aviation base (airport)
- A stimulating working environment
- A wide range of responsibilities
- An intensive work schedule (an average of 10 hours a day, 7 days a week), with a short employment period (4 to 5 weeks), allowing you to carry out your personal projects for the rest of the summer.
Reporting to the Ground Operations Coordinator, the dayworker participates in the execution of spraying programs, including the loading of biological insecticide into aircraft.
Specifically, you will:
- Participate in the installation, operation, and closure of the operations base
- Load aircraft with biological insecticide
- Maintain and clean equipment
- Carry out various manual tasks.
- Ability to adapt
- Good physical condition considering the nature of the operations
- Ability to work very early in the morning and on split shifts
- Ability to work manually, outdoors and as part of a team.
Conditions Proposed by the SOPFIM team
- This is an approximately 4–5-week position
- An outdoor work environment at one of the following airports: Dolbeau, Saint-Honoré, Forestville, Mont-Joli, Ste-Anne-des-Monts, Gaspé, Pabos, Bonaventure, Charlo, Amos, and Val d’Or
- Possibility of working at the operations base in your region or elsewhere in Quebec depending on the candidate’s interest and the positions available
- A competitive hourly wage of $20.39
- On weekends, a minimum of 6 hours per day at time and a half is also guaranteed
- The schedule for the position offered is established on shifts cut according to the possible operating windows during the day (the flight periods are planned by the base manager. They are of variable duration and are carried out according to the weather conditions)
- Start date:
- Spraying program: Operations for the spraying program will begin in late May and end on or about July 4, 2023.
(Work formula 7 days a week, described in the proposed conditions).
- We will prioritize candidates interested in returning over the years.
- The candidate must be available 7 days a week during the period of operations
- Able to travel regionally for the duration of operations
- Physical ability to meet the requirements of the position.
The offer will be posted until all positions are filled.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer with an equal employment opportunity program for women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.