You wish to find a stimulating job in telecommuting?
This job is for you!
SOPFIM is looking for candidates to hold the position of Quality Control Agent. You will be a key player in the realization of a quality aerial spraying program against spruce budworm in Quebec. We are looking for meticulous applicants who are able to work independently from home in a telecommuting mode.
Who Are We?
Created in 1990, SOPFIM is a private, non-profit organization jointly administered by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles et des Forêts and the Quebec forest industry. It is the only organization recognized in the biological control of forest pests in Quebec.
- Position offered on a telecommuting basis only
- A team of passionate and motivated people that can go up to 300 persons during the spraying periods
- A wide range of responsibilities
- A stimulating job
- An intensive work schedule (an average of 10 hours a day, 7 days a week), with a short employment period (6 to 7 weeks), allowing you to carry out your personal projects for the rest of the summer.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations, the Quality Control Agent is responsible for the daily verification of documents related to the conduct of helicopter flight operations. He/she also ensures the conformity of various procedures carried out within the helicopter program.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform quality control of critical operations documents
- Complete documentation according to the established requirements and enter helicopter flight data
- Performs sample readings of spraying mission returns
- Monitor the movement of helicopters using computer and technological tools
- Complete spraying progress tracking
- Provide daily assistance to the helicopter operator to complete operations.
- Rigour and meticulousness
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Ability to work split shifts (early morning and late evening)
- Comfortable with technological tools
- Ability to communicate in English (an asset)
- Ability to perform quality work in a telecommuting environment.
Conditions Proposed by the SOPFIM team
- This is a telecommuting position lasting approximately 7 weeks
- SOPFIM will provide all necessary technological equipment for the work
- An hourly wage of $21.62
- A guaranteed work schedule of 50 hours/week from Monday to Friday
- On weekends, a minimum of 6 hours per day at time and a half is also guaranteed
- The schedule for the position offered is established on shifts cut according to the possible operating windows during the day (the flight periods are planned by the base manager. They are of variable duration and are carried out according to the weather conditions)
- When possible, a site visit to the operations for the employer and employee will be offered as required
- Start date:
- Training period: 2 weeks in early May 2023.
(Work schedule Monday to Friday, 7 hrs per day, 35 hrs per week)
- Spraying program: Operations for the spraying program will begin in late May and end no later than July 4, 2023
(Work formula 7 days a week, described in the proposed conditions).
* These dates are subject to change depending on weather conditions
- The candidate must be available 7 days a week during the period of operations
The offer will be posted until all positions are filled.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer with an equal employment opportunity program for women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.