You are passionate about aviation and like to be in the middle of the action?
This job may be for you!
SOPFIM is looking for candidates to hold the position of Quality Control Agent. We are looking for thorough, self-starting applicants who are able to work on a flight operations base (airport). We are proposing a dynamic work environment, offering you the chance to experience the aviation industry on a seasonal basis.
Who Are We?
Created in 1990, SOPFIM is a private, non-profit organization jointly administered by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles et des Forêts and the Quebec forest industry. It is the only organization recognized in the biological control of forest pests in Quebec.
- Outdoor work on an aviation base (airport)
- A team of passionate and motivated people that can go up to 300 persons during the spraying periods
- A stimulating job
- A wide range of responsibilities
- An intensive work schedule (an average of 10 hours a day, 7 days a week), with a short employment period (6 to 7 weeks), allowing you to carry out your personal projects for the rest of the summer.
Reporting to the Base Manager, the Quality Control Agent is in charge of the daily checks of the documents related to the flight operations. During operations, you will be required to assist the Base Manager in various tasks, and interact with the different stakeholders of the operation base to which you will be assigned.
Specifically, you will :
- Perform quality control of documents essential to spraying operations
- Maintain block maps and various tools to monitor the progress of operations
- Assist the Base Manager in the verification of mission returns from srpaying aircraft
- Collaborate with peers on certain tasks, including radio communication and contact with pilot crews
- Collect insecticide levels on various aircraft when necessary.
- Rigour and meticulousness
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Ability to work split shifts (early morning and late evening)
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a remote location
- Comfortable with technological tools
- Ability to communicate in English (an asset)
- Ability to adapt to working indoors and outdoors.
Conditions Proposed by the SOPFIM team
- This is an approximately 6-7 week position.
- An outdoor work environment at one of the following airports: Dolbeau, Saint-Honoré, Forestville, Mont-Joli, Ste-Anne-des-Monts, Gaspé, Pabos, Bonaventure, Charlo, Amos, and Val d’Or
- A competitive hourly wage of $21.62
- On weekends, a minimum of 6 hours per day at time and a half is also guaranteed
- The schedule for the position offered is established on shifts cut according to the possible operating windows during the day (the flight periods are planned by the base manager. They are of variable duration and are carried out according to the weather conditions)
- Start date:
- Training period : 2 weeks in early May 2023.
(Work schedule Monday to Friday, 7 hrs per day, 35 hrs per week)
- Spraying program: Operations for the spraying program will begin in late May and end no later than July 4, 2023.
(Work formula 7 days a week, described in the proposed conditions).
- We will prioritize candidates interested in returning over the years.
- The candidate must be available 7 days a week during the period of operations
- Able to travel regionally for the duration of operations.
The offer will be posted until all positions are filled.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer with an equal employment opportunity program for women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.